Monday, February 25, 2008

Thank Heaven for Temples


Right after Parker died I remember having this overwhelming desire to go to the temple. I not only wanted to go, I longed for it. I knew that being in the temple is the one place I could go here on earth to feel as close to my son as possible. After I healed from the delivery I headed down to the temple. I felt such peace there. Just sitting in the Celestial room brought a warmth to my heart.
.
Even now I love to sit in the Celestial room. I always feel a smile sneak upon my face and a warmth fill my heart when I think of Parker. It's kind of our special place.
.
I am grateful for this gospel and the opportunity I have to go to the temple. I am thankful for the peace and comfort it brings. I am thankful for personal revelation, especially that received in the Celestial room at the temple.
.
I thank my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, prophets, and church leaders for the temple! Whatever would I do without them!

7 comments:

dust and kam said...

I too love the Temple and feel close to my special spirit there.

Isn't the Gospel wonderful?

Christie said...

I felt the same longing after we lost Gibson. I remember the first time we went to the temple after our baby, we went to a sealing, and I remember just crying because I was reminded that we'll be with our little one again. After my first endowment session, my husband almost had to drag me out of the celestial room, I cry there often, almost because it's like I'm with my son, and it's almost like I'm talking with my Heavenly Father and letting him know how I'm feeling. The temple is a wonderful place, I love to sit and soak up the love that is offered there!

Jenny said...

Thanks, Christie. All I can say to that is Ditto. I feel so close to my son in the temple.

Unknown said...

I found your blog on Kamie's blog and I want to say I loved your video. Our son was born on Sept 3 2004 so the day before your beautiful son. Our son returned home to our Heavenly Father right after he was born. It is good to know there are more moms out there who have also lost children and can understand what we go through.

I too agree that I can feel so close to my son in the Temple. I feel that our son is a missionary in Heaven so each time I do work in the temple I feel that I am helping my son do his work as well.

Thanks for letting me visit your site I hope you don't mind I came here to see your story of your beautiful baby Parker.

Jenny said...

Arianne,

Thank you for coming to visit this site. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm glad you have the gospel to help bring you comfort, too. Visit anytime you want!

Em and AJ said...

I found Parker's site on Sheri's blog site. How beautiful! I have not lost a son, but I have lost a brother and it is nice to know that we have the temple to know that we can be together forever with our families in the next life if we keep our covenants.

The Ballou's said...

You don't know me but I came across your blog from Kathryn's. I did go to Taylorsville as well so maybe we've crossed each others paths. Anyhow, this tribute to your son is beautiful. Our first was born still as well. Her name is River May, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss her. I am grateful for everything she taught us though and I can't wait to see her again. The temple does feel different to me now, like she is there with us. I love it. Thanks again for showing us your little angel.